What Is TOEFL ?
TOEFL iBT – Test of English as Foreign Language internet based test is one of the most widely accepted English language exam in the world. A test for ability in English proficiency for admissions to US, UK and Canadian Institutions is needed more particularly for students from countries where English is not there first language. TOEFL iBT measures skills in reading, listening, speaking and writing.
Key information about TOEFL.
* TOEFL is administered by ETS, a US-based non-profit educational organisation.
* Widely accepted by American, Canadian and UK universities.
* The exam consists of four sections and takes about four hours.
* TOEFL iBT test is offered in 180 countries in around 4,300 test centres around the world.
* TOEFL iBT scores are valid for two years.
* TOEFL iBT is delivered on computer via internet at secure test centres around the world.
* Note taking is allowed in the test.
* The test scores of TOEFL are required for admissions into all masters and bachelors courses in most of the fields.
The registration for TOEFL test can be done with ETS online for appearing for exams at various centres of TOEFL all over India. After registration for exams, ETS offers a variety of preparation and practice materials. The test basically consists of four sections on English i.e. reading, writing, speaking and listening, each of 30 marks, totalling to 120 marks. Minimum scores required by most of the universities is 80 out of 120 and some of the universities ask for section wise score also.
TOEFL exam essentially tests the student’s ability of English proficiency so that they are able to understand the standard American English in classroom lectures.
Students can view the scores online, 15 business days after the test and scores are also reported online 15 business days after the test. Be relaxed and don’t be frightened! After clearing the TOEFL iBt test you’ll be more confident in your English language skills! Take the TOEFL Test now in Nagpur with Krishna Consultants one of the ETS Authorized Centre for conducting TOEFL Exam.