Application Process for USA Universities!
United States of America is a dream destination for most of the Indian students. They work really hard towards tests as GRE, GMAT, SAT and finally succeed in obtaining a descent scores. Applications to the US universities begin at this moment of time and most of the students experience this to be really tough. The main reason the student finds application as a nightmare is it is bit complex and involves lots of documentation. As students are working on a different type of application process, they are quite uncertain whether they are on a correct path.
With more than 10 years of experience in the field we can say that the entire process of application is actually smooth and convenient provided it is pursued after proper planning and under authentic guidance. Firstly it is recommended to start the application process well in time. The recommended time is to start the process is between 9 to 12 months before the term begins. For instance if a student wants to apply for Fall (September) 2013, he/she should start the process anytime between September to December 2012. Universities in America also have application deadlines and they are very rigid on those. Hence late applications can lead to omitting certain good universities from the list which can be a big lose for many students.
Application process is can be divided into 6 parts:
1) Documentation needed: Collecting and preparing required documents is the important part in the process and it requires considerable time. Documents involve Academic transcripts, Letters of recommendations, Resume, Bank letters, Affidavits of sponsors, Essays, Statement of Purpose and many more. One should be ready with the required documents before submitting online application so that you can send an application packet to the university on time.
2) University Short Listing: United States has hundreds of university and thousands of colleges to choose from. This can lead to confusion among students as they find the courses available everywhere in the USA. Selecting a list of 8-10 university is really challenging one. The factors as Academic grades, Test scores, desired courses, geographical priority, and Cost effectiveness play a vital role in selection of the universities.
3) University requirements: Once the list of desired universities is on the table it is time to look for the admission and documentation requirements. This involves going to through the WebPages of the universities and if required contacting concerned admission staff for more details. It is also important to note the eligibility criteria for the university and match our profile with the same.
4) Submitting Online Application: This is the actual process of application and involves filling up online application forms. Most of the universities offer online application system and it is convenient as well. However there are few universities which offer paper applications. After the online application is complete you need to submit the same along with application fee which can be paid by an international credit card.
5) Sending Application Documents to the University: after online application is over you should courier the documentation packet to the proper address.
6) Reporting your test scores: It does not stop here! What remains is the official score reporting. After sending your application documents to the desired university you also need to report your test scores officially by using online method.
If these steps are followed properly and university selection is appropriate then one should be getting in to a right and desired university of America.
For more queries contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0253-2342556